There was a time when flip flops were worn only at home. Today it is seen at casual backyard gatherings and kitty parties. Flip flops are the in thing today. No more fancy sandals and decorative shoes.
Now flip flops are simple footwear that is more fun than one would think. The best part is that once you are done with them and they no longer qualify for outdoor wear, you can put them on at home while mopping or cooking. It is a win-win situation.
Not everyone gets flip flops. If you are not careful you could cause some real injury. They do not offer any kind of ankle support and you need to grip them with your toes to keep them on at all times. It can cause quite a strain. You need to know how to wear them without ruining your feet.
- Do not wear them too long. Flip flops are best applied for short-term Beaches and short walks are fine.
- Keep the activity you are going to do in mind before deciding the footwear. For example, running in the park would require shoes, not flip flops.
- Do not wear them for hiking or running. Sports are a big no-no.
- Keep an eye on the market and find out the best flip flops for walking.
- Keep an eye on the road when you are walking. They are not designed to protect your feet against sharp stones and glass pieces. Stay alert.
- The moment they look tired, get rid of them or wear them at home only.
Just note that you need to wear them in moderation and replace them as soon as they show the slightest sign of wear and tear. Your feet come first. Be safe.